You have heard loads of stories regarding technical diving. This course is designed to help dispel those myths. Technical diving is not only about going deep but is also about understanding decompression diving.
The Tec 40 course introduces you to these concepts with minimal adjustments to your current gear configuration. The Tec 40 is also the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep course which means if you like the first part you can continue with the TEC 45 and TEC 50 course as you already have the required materials.
What is a Crewpak?
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your Tec diving adventures. You will continue to use your Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak all the way to Tec 50.
What gear will I need?
All gear will be provided on the Tec 40 course at no additional charge. If you do have your own gear that you would like to bring along please feel free to do so.
What will I be Doing on the Course?
You will do four training dives, theory and a final exam. The first dive will be in the swimming pool or limited Open Water depending on the conditions to a maximum of 10m to let you get used to the new equipment. Dive 2 will be to 18m, Dive 3 to 27m and Dive 4 to 40m using up to 10 minutes total decompression based on the breathing bottom gas. Advanced booking requires full payment before the start of the course and then going through the manual and doing the required knowledge reviews before the course starts.
What are the prerequisites?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization) OR proof of ten Dives to 30m
- Be at least 18 years old
Have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- 10 of those dives must have been on enriched air deeper than 18 meters
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
What will you be doing on the course?
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 meters
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- You’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crewpak, which introduces you to
- Differences between Tec and recreational diving
- Gear Configuration – equipment
- Decompression and stage cylinder handling
- Gas planning
- Emergency procedures
Your course fees are not buying you a certification. We do not include certification fees in our Technical Diving Course fees, for a very good reason: certification is not guaranteed. Technical diving, by its nature, is more complicated, and involves higher risk levels than recreational diving, and unlike some recreational diving courses, payment of fees does not imply automatic certification.
This does not mean that if, having completed the prescribed number of dives in the course outline that if you are unable to meet a required standard, you will be failed. We will do our utmost to get your skills and knowledge up to scratch, and if this means extra dives or academic sessions, then so be it.
Includes Crewpack, equipment, gases and dives.
Price: R6950.00 / Person
Certification fee on all technical diving courses is R550.00.