The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a Tec diver further and deeper. It is the second sub course in the full PADI Tec Diver course.
What will I be doing on the course?
You will do four training dives, theory and a final exam. The first dive will be in the swimming pool or limited Open Water depending on the conditions to a maximum of 10m to let you get used to the new equipment. Dive 2 will be to 18m, dive three to 30m and dive 4 to 45m using up to 100% O2 for decompression.
- PADI Tec 40 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI rescue diver (must provide proof of training in CPR and First aid with in two years)
- At least 18 years old
Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
12 dives were made with enriched air Nitrox deeper than 18 meters
6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 meters
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
What will I do on the course?
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 meters
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- You’ll use the same Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak and discuss
Technical rigs, regulators, weight systems and instrumentation
- Emergency procedures
- Decompression and stage cylinder handling
- Gas planning
- Air breaks
This is the same as the one used on the TEC 40 course. The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your Tec diving adventures. You will continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through to the Tec 50 course.
What gear will I need?
- Double cylinders of at least 12 L each, with isolator manifold (the isolator manifold is not required for divers using sidemount configuration)
- Primary and secondary regulators for back mounted double manifolds, one with two meters hose and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinder(s) (1 for Tec 45, 2 for Tec 50) with regulator and SPG, with proper labels/markings
- Tec diving BCD and harness (backmount or sidemount)
- Two multigas enriched air capable dive computers, or one multigas enriched air computer and back up single gas computer with dive tables, or one single gas enriched air computer and backup timer and depth gauge with dive tables
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration
- Weight system (if needed)
Jon line (as needed for environment)
- Inflatable signal tube, whistle and or other visual and audible surface signaling devices
- Reel and lift bag (bright yellow preferred) or DSMB
- Knife/cutting device and back up
- Back up mask (optional)
- Lights (optional as required for dive environment)
- Backup buoyancy control (a lift bag/DSMB is not considered a reliable method of backup buoyancy control)
Your course fees are not buying you a certification. We do not include certification fees in our Technical Diving Course fees, for a very good reason: certification is not guaranteed. Technical diving, by its nature, is more complicated, and involves higher risk levels than recreational diving, and unlike some recreational diving courses, payment of fees does not imply automatic certification.
This does not mean that if, having completed the prescribed number of dives in the course outline that if you are unable to meet a required standard, you will be failed. We will do our utmost to get your skills and knowledge up to scratch, and if this means extra dives or academic sessions, then so be it.
Certification fee on all technical diving courses is R550.00. Advanced booking requires full payment before the start of the course and then going through the manual and doing the required knowledge reviews before the course starts.
Price: R4950.00 / Person
Includes equipment, gases and dives excl. Crewpack as you would use the same Crewpack from Tec40