The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction.
The Tec Deep Instructor course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec Deep Diver course and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec Deep Diver course.
To enroll in this course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Speicalty Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
- Note that PADI Tec Deep Diver is not required. If you are not certified as a Tec Deep Diver (or equivalent), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Deep Diver course.
On Completion of the TEC Instructors Course to be Certified you will need to:
- Be a renewed PADI MSDT or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
- Be certified as a DSAT Tec 50 diver, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. For the purpose of this level, a qualifying certification is certification for technical diving using air, Nitrox and pure oxygen for decompression dives to at least 50m
- Have assisted with at least one DSAT Tec 50 or Tec 45 course.
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives that had a maximum depth deeper than 40m
- Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI EANx Divers
- Successfully completed the Technical Deep Instructor Standards Exam an Technical Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam
- Meet the peer review waterskill requirements listed on the DSAT Technical Deep Instructor Application through the attesting signature of a DSAT Tec Deep Instructor Trainer
- The application may need to include documentation of meeting these requirements by including photocopies of certifications, qualifications, etc. Log entry copies or print outs must specify dates, depths, location, times and gases used. Verification and signatures provided by witnesses must provide the same information.
What can you teach?
As a Tec Deep Instructor, you’ll be qualified to:
- Conduct the Discover Tec experience
- Teach the Tec 40 course
- Teach the Tec 45 course
- Teach the Tec 50 course
Materials You Will Need
- All Tec Diver student materials
- Tec Deep Diver Planning slates
- Tec 40, 45 and 50 exams and answer sheets
- Tec Diver course Instructor Guide
What Gear Will You Need?
All equipment required for Tec Diver course
Booking requires full payment before the start of the course and then going through the manual and doing the required knowledge reviews before the course starts. Please note: The course includes gasses but does not include technical equipment rental.